Finding the missing parts of your Czech puzzle. Face to face with your ancestor's village.
The church. The synagogue. The wine cellar. Walking down the same cobble stones. Opening the doors to their school. Tasting their beer. Shaking hands. Maybe even toasting with distant cousins. Deeply transforming moments.
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS 1-2-3
1) Send us an email to let us know your wishes (e.g. find my GreatGrandmas birthplace, her parents' wedding church etc.). The success of the mission depends to a large degree on the quality of the provided ancestors' data.
2) Most Ancestral Tours are preceded by the Ancestral Research which we perform to fill in the blanks (finding/contacting/visiting the archives, villages, homes, schools, churches or even living relatives). We evaluate your materials and get back to you with a customized offer and a price quote. Usually, the research takes around 5hrs. In case of needing more than the estimated time, we consult with you first.
PRICE FOR ANCESTRAL RESEARCH :
50 Euros/hr of research
250 Euros/package of 6 hrs
3) We communicate our discoveries with you along the way and prepare a fully guided, worry-free Ancestral Tour in the footprints of your relatives. This includes transportation with a private car, a personal guide who serves also as an interpreter between you and local contacts and relatives.
PRICE FOR ANCESTRAL TOUR*
400 Euros/8hr day, additional time @ 35 Euros/hr
car and guide included
* Should you decide to visit the places of your ancestors on your own, we can prepare a Self Guided Ancestral Itinerary for you including transportation logistics, directions, tips for accommodations and restaurants. During your trip, you can also call us if you're in a jam. The price for this itinerary is 100 Euros/prepared day (does not include booking of accommodation, rentals, tickets). If you chose Self Guided Ancestral Itinerary, we forward it to you by email upon receiving your payment.
- Finding local connections is hard without extensive personal contact in Czech language.
- Often, the original hand scribbled manuscripts get misspelled when transferred into online databases. While this is the end to your digital research, we are here to help searching through analog channels.